Sensors for measuring the density of liquids and gases
DLO-M2 density sensor for liquids
The sensor measures the density of liquids during the process itself – no need to go to the laboratory. Thanks to a sub-millimeter measuring channel, the properties and quality of a liquid can be precisely monitored even in confined spaces.
- Determination of the mass of liquids: If the density is measured in addition to volumetric flow measurement in orifices, turbines or displacement devices, the mass can be calculated from it.
- Monitoring and control of the quality of fuel mixtures such as E10 or biodiesel.
DLO-M2_ex density sensor for liquids
The DLO-M2_ex sensor for use in hazardous areas according to ATEX: II1G and IECEx: Zone 0 measures the density of liquids in a microelectromechanical system (MEMS system). Within the MEMS system, the liquid is directed to an omega-shaped microchannel, the so-called omega chip.
Thanks to measurement in the MEMS system, the sensor is only 30 x 83 x 15 mm in size and can be accommodated even in tight spaces. The high-precision measurement results are immediately available, allowing continuous measurement during the process.
DGF-I1 density sensor for gases
Monitor gases and gas mixtures during the process in the smallest of spaces and with minimal quantities of the medium. The sensor not only measures density, but also temperature and pressure – for precise monitoring of product quality and as a basis for determining the concentration of binary gas mixtures.
- Monitoring of welding gas mixtures: To ensure a reliable weld seam, the gases must be mixed in the correct ratio. Gas density data can be used to monitor the gas mixture.
- Monitoring of gas mixtures for food packaging: Density data can be used to monitor the gas mixture for salad or meat packages. This replaces spot checks and reduces losses.
- Testing of clean gases: Gas cylinders can get mixed up. Density data shows whether the correct gas cylinder is in use.
Nanomass density sensor for gases
Cooperation between Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG and TrueDyne Sensors AG
The instrument for continuous gas density measurement directly in the process – Nanomass gas density sensor is the first instrument for precise measurement of gas density based on the revolutionary MEMS Coriolis technology. This is where Endress+Hauser Flowtec AG’s long-standing Coriolis know-how meets TrueDyne Sensors AG’s innovative microtechnology. For the first time, it is possible to continuously monitor parameters such as gas density or gas quality directly in the running process under economically attractive conditions. Nanomass gas density sensors can be easily integrated into any existing process infrastructure.