Sensors for density and viscosity of liquids and gases
With TrueDyne sensors you can measure the density and viscosity of liquids and the density of gases – reliably, accurately and directly in the process. The sensors offer particular advantages in cases where high-precision measurements are required in the smallest of spaces and with minimal quantities of the medium to be measured. The sensors can be integrated into production and record the measured values without you having to interrupt your production process. There is no need to go to the laboratory and you get the qualitative and quantitative data where you need it: Directly in the process. Benefit from ready-to-install OEM measurement modules or work with us to develop a tailor-made configuration for your company.
The possible applications cover a broad spectrum: For example, you can record density data in addition to carrying out volumetric measurements with a flowmeter in a tank system in order to calculate the mass of the liquid being added to the tank. Or use density data to ensure that meat or salad is packaged under the right gas mixture and stays fresh for a long time.
Sensors for determining density
DLO-M1 density sensor for liquids
- Determination of the mass of liquids: If the density is measured in addition to volumetric flow measurement in orifices, turbines or displacement devices, the mass can be calculated from it.
- Monitoring and control of the quality of fuel mixtures such as E10 or biodiesel.
DGF-I1 density sensor for gases
- Monitoring of welding gas mixtures: To ensure a reliable weld seam, the gases must be mixed in the correct ratio. Gas density data can be used to monitor the gas mixture.
- Monitoring of gas mixtures for food packaging: Density data can be used to monitor the gas mixture for salad or meat packages. This replaces spot checks and reduces losses.
- Testing of clean gases: Gas cylinders can get mixed up. Density data shows whether the correct gas cylinder is in use.
Sensors for determining viscosityMEMS sensors for determining the viscosity of liquids
VLO-M1 viscosity sensor for liquids
- Optimization of process reliability in applications where a certain viscosity is required. For example, engine oils on calibration systems.
- To supplement the density values to ensure the quality of lubricants or fuels.