Proudly engineered in Switzerland
FGF Evaluation Kit: thermal flow measurement
Flow sensors based on the calorimetric measuring principle typically have to be adjusted to a specific medium. A real-time density measurement to correct the measured flow value for pure gases as well as binary gas mixtures opens new dimensions in the field of thermal flow measurement. The primary sensor element is a thermal flow sensor. The secondary sensor element is a quartz oscillator for gas density determination. Using this combination, calibration data and correction factors can be assigned flexibly and during the running process. Thus, the correct flow value is calculated at any time, independent of the clean gas or mixing ratio.
- Switching flow tables independently of the gas: Any application where multiple different MFCs have to be used today.
- Flow measurement of variable binary gas mixtures: Hydrogen-nitrogen mixture in fuel cells.
Cantilever-Chip: Calorific value analysis of natural gas
The changing energy situation means that the calorific value of natural gas can vary greatly. For example, biogases and hydrogen (electrolysis) are being blended into the existing gas supply. The fluctuations in the calorific value of these mixtures can cause significant problems for consumers.
Today›s gas analysis systems are either very expensive (gas chromatograph), limited in their process suitability, or cannot satisfactorily compensate for admixed hydrogen. Our multiparameter chip covers exactly these requirements.
- Calorific value in the natural gas network with H2 components in the pressure range 2-10 bar
- Calorific value in the natural gas network End user with H2 in the low pressure range < 100 mbar
- Conversion standard-volume flow as a supplement to established flow sensors (ultrasonic, coriolis)
- Extended measurement tasks: Monitoring of anesthetic gases and monitoring of welding gases
- Control of industrial combustion processes